I recently was awarded the “Sunshine Blogger Award” and I would love to share my joy with you all. As you might be wondering, what it is? What does it mean to have one? Who awarded me this honour? Let me tell you to hold on, you’ll get your answers as soon as possible. Let’s fasten your seatbelt and let’s get started.
What is ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award”?
It is an honour that is extended from one blogger to another. There is not an exact judgement panel, it is just given from a blogger’s peers. It is a token of appreciation to those bloggers who are “creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community”. There is no physical award, this is a praise from other bloggers that I as an individual blogger, is doing a great job and trying to create awareness about the topic of their blogs.
Who nominated me?
My nomination came from Lori of circlesquareoval. Lori is an amazing individual who wants to share her knowledge about finding solutions to simple day to day tasks. She is a lifestyle blogger and has a vision to find creative ideas that end your daily hassles. Her simple solutions will leave you with an “Aha, it can be done like this? I never knew” moments. Lori, thank you so much for this nomination. It means a lot.
How does it work?
There are a few rules that come along with this nomination to continue spreading these lovely rays. They are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their website
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo (there are many versions!) available
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you for the award
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees of their nomination
QUESTIONS FROM MY NOMINATOR
- How did you decide on your blogging name? It’s a funny story, my nick name is “Gauri”. And my last name starts with the letter “S”. One day my brother was just teasing me and called me “Gorgeous Gauri” several times. Afterwards when I calmed myself down and thought about it, it clicked!!! My name is Gauri, mental health can be gorgeous in its own way and the letters ‘GS’ is actually my initials. Therefore, I called it “Gorgeousgaurigs”.
- What was the topic of your very first blog post? I don’t know if you have read it or not, I just made my website but I was posting blogs on medium before. The first topic of my blog post was, dementia. It is an actual incident of a lady with dementia and how my experiences were with her.
- What countries have you traveled to and which was your favourite? Honestly, I haven’t travelled much but I can say, my favourite country is the place I first came from is India. I have only travelled to Canada, India and USA.
- If a movie were made on your life, who would be your dream actor to play you? My life is not that eventful, but if I really think about it, I’d want Priyanka Chopra to act as me if this would happen. She’d make an excellent Indian girl in a foreign land trying to find her roots.
- Do you prefer dogs or cats? I love animals but honestly, I would not prefer to have a pet as they are a big responsibility. But if you ask about preference, it’ll be cats for sure!
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? For sure a night owl, I can never get up in the morning. Moreover, I get most of my things done at night as well!
- Do you do any writing other than your blog? I do write for myself sometimes, but it’s very personal. It’s more like a therapy for me when I’m feeling lost or confused. It helps me calm down.
- Are you involved in any volunteering activities? Yes, I am a trained hospice visiting volunteer. I go see different patients who are terminally ill to assist with their end-of-life journey.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I like to watch dance videos, get caught up with some Indian soapy dramas and sometimes, Netflix!! (Haha, that would be obvious!!)
- Who inspires you to be a better person? That would be my aunt. My mother’s younger sister. It’s not like I don’t relate to my mother, I do. But I find myself connected with my aunt more even though she lives in India. She has a positive vibe which motivates me to be a better version of myself.
- If you could choose anyone, dead, alive or fictitious, who would you like to have dinner with? That’s a difficult question, that would be my great-grand mother from my mother’s side. I would like to know more about her lifestyle back then. That’s because recently my grandmother talked a lot about her. I would really want to know her and over the dinner as we chat.
MY NOMINEES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
At Home of Understanding, Nadine has created a place where every voice can be heard. A place where mental health is not seen as sickness, but as a place where everyone can heal and get the right information on how it can be done.
Nichola, from NickDeDevolve, has a special space where he provides you with strong motivation to keep going. You can think about his lifestyle when you come to know that he is a medical student and still has a strong will to help people with being productive and also keeping up with new technology.
Jie, is an amazing blogger who aims to keep us all updated with new technology. At audiovisualAOCE, he is dedicated to provide us with as much tech information as he can. He is passionate about how technology affects us on a daily basis and is dedicated towards enlightening us so that we are also aware how to solve our daily tech issues. There is a lot of info that he’d love to share with you all.
Supriya, is an amazing mother who is excited to share her knowledge about being a parent. Moreover, she herself is a foodie and loves to share her secret recipe’s to make a boring food more interesting!! She believes in learning by doing, she has a little daughter, but believes that every child is different. She has little hacks that might help you out!! Do check her out at littleduniya!
At yoursturlyesha, Esha has a lot to share about beauty and travel. She can provide you with all the hacks to get a perfect look for different occasions. She is a a creative individual who believes in enhancing your beauty.
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- How did you decide to blog?
- How did you decide your blog name?
- Who is your inspiration? It can be anyone, living or dead.
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you do when you have a ‘writers block’ and nothing is coming to you?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- What is your dream place to go on a vacation?
- Who is your favourite person in your life and why?
- Apart from writing a blog, do you write for yourself? If so, what do you write about?
- Do you prefer hot coffee or cold coffee?
- Who inspires you to be a better person?
I’d like to thank Lori one more time for the nomination. Thank you for inspiring and supporting me and in helping in contributing so much to this blogging community.